On behalf of the organizing committee for the 2012 CCSBE Conference we would like to extend a big thank you to all who participated! Each year, the CCSBE Conference provides an opportunity to bring together academics, practitioners, policy-makers and students to discuss and advance entrepreneurship and small business in Canada. We sincerely hope that you had the opportunity to network, learn and share research during your time in Halifax.
We would like to send a big thank you to our organizing committee:
- Academic Program Chair – Ellen Farrell, Saint Mary’s University
- Practitioner Program Chair – Chris Pelham, Acadia Centre for Social and Business Entrepreneurship
- Awards Chair – Paulette Dunn, Dalhousie University
We would also like to thank the staff at the Saint Mary’s University Business Development Centre and our SIFE SMU volunteers. We appreciate the time you dedicated to the conference over the past year!
A number of participants also took home awards from the conference. We would also like to acknowledge and congratulate the following award winners:
- Ryan MacNeil and Michael Sheppard from Acadia University who won the Innovative Course Award for their BUSI 4553 Venture Creation course
- Karen Blotnicky and Candace Blayney from Mount Saint Vincent University who took home the English Best Paper Award for their paper titled ‘The Impact of Marketing Orientation on Information Technology Adoption in Canadian Hotels, Inns & B&Bs’
- Kadia Georges Aka and Francois Labelle from Universite du Quebec a Trois Rivieres who won the French Best Paper Award for their paper titled ‘Sur les traces d’innovations durables dans une PME – Du laboratoire a la realite’.
We hope to see everyone in Victoria, British Columbia next year for the 2013 Conference!
Michael Sanderson & Maureen Joudrey
2012 CCSBE Conference Co-Chairs